In this week's issue of the Boston Phoenix -- in print tomorrow, online now -- I analyze newly-announced candidate Sam Yoon's chances at becoming mayor of Boston. Can he mobilize the same coalition of voters who won Boston for Deval Patrick and Barack Obama?
In the article, I expound on seven things that must happen along the way. They are:
1) Yoon must raise the money;
2) His opponents must drag each other into the mud;
3) Yoon must find his voice and his message;
4) The city must confront its need for change;
5) Menino's aura of invincibility must crack;
6) Flaherty must turn his supporters against Menino, not Yoon; and
7) Bostonians must care enough to vote.
I would love to get thoughts from you about how the mayoral race might play out -- but first, I invite you to read my article, here:
Can Sam Yoon win?