We're giving away A BUNCH of tickets to see the BACARDI B-LIVE tour, featuring the Boston debut of the new Switch/Diplo collabo, MAJOR LAZER, plus Fool's Gold honcho and Kanye DJ A-TRAK, and Brooklyn hipster-punk duo MATT & KIM. Even our anti-hipster crusader Chris Faraone is repping the Major Lazer LP, so you know we're not shitting you. SHOW DETAILS: A-Trak + Major Lazer + Matt & Kim + Steve Porter | June 18 | House of Blues | $10
HIT US UP IN THE COMMENTS if you want a pair -- and all you anonymous lurkers be sure to use your real email this time so we can contact you. Brownie points for becoming a fan of the Phoenix on Facebook: First dibs will go to anyone who writes on our FB wall or retweets this post on Twitter. Because we're whores like that.
If you aren't already planning on going to this show you may be retarded. But if you're still on the fence, let us help you un-retard yourself:
1. The actual GI Joe movie is going to suck balls. But Diplo & Switch's spot-on album-length concept album Guns Don't Kill People, Lazers Do -- involving the aforementioned Major Lazer, a zombie- and vampire-fighting Jamaican dancehall commando -- damn near makes up for it in a single video. See?
2. We've been on and off the fence about MATT & KIM, who've generated heat and hype in unequal measures. That is, until they posted noodz. Now we're toally on board:
3. A-TRAK has been amazing to the point that we feel guilty always mentioning that he's Kanye's DJ, seeing as his Fool's Gold label so consistently cherry-picks next-big-things, and his actual DJ sets are flat-out bazonkers.
4. LOCAL TALENT. House guru STEVE PORTER is Boston's own, and his beyond amazing "Rap Chop" video got about 2 million YouTube views by combining two of our favorite things: 2009 Best Music Poll nominated vocal effect AUTO-TUNE and 2009's 26th most unsexiest man VINCE OFFER. Get familiar:
5. MAJOR LAZER again: zombies + Andy Milonakis + transformers = reign of terror