DOWNLOAD: La Coka Nostra, "Choose Your Side (Feat. Bun B) [mp3]
I won't lie; I was recently excited to hear that Eminem had a new disc dropping. Hell - I was even more psyched when it didn't suck. But as a 29-and-three-quarters-years-old white dude who plans to sag his pants and rap curse words out loud on subway platforms until the day I drop, I'm anticipating La Coka Nostra's A Brand You Can Trust much more than I was Relapse. Shady just don't speak to me no more.
I've been waiting years for this; I broke the news in 2006 that Boston MC Slaine was forming a white all-star squad with Ill Bill (of Non-Phixion), and Lethal, Everlast, and Danny Boy (of House of Pain). No doubt I have a serious LCN feature dropping in The Phoenix right before they murder Rock the Bells in Mansfield on July 18.
Last week - before the track list (pasted below) dropped - I shared some notes about their disc on my personal blog that anybone who's into the minutiae of hardcore Caucasian hip-hop should definitely check out. I was lucky enough to get a listening session, and, as evidenced in the single with Bun B (included above) the project is harder than some morning wood.
TRACK LISTING: A Brand You Can
1) Bloody Sunday (featuring Big Left & Sen Dog of Cypress Hill)
2) Get You By
3) Bang Bang (featuring Snoop Dogg)
4) The Stain
5) I’m An American (featuring B-Real of Cypress Hill)
6) Brujeria (featuring Sick Jacken of Psycho Realm)
7) Once Upon A Time
8) Cousin Of Death
9) Choose Your Side (featuring Bun B of UGK)
10) Hardcore Chemical
11) Soldier’s Story (featuring Sick Jacken of Psycho Realm)
12) Gun In Your Mouth
13) Nuclear Medicinemen (featuring Q-Unique & Immortal Technique)
14) That’s Coke
15) Fuck Tony Montana (featuring Sick Jacken of Psycho Realm &
B-Real of Cypress Hill)