Now that the long-awaited NKOTB reunion has been confirmed -- with new Interscope album, TV show, fall tour, and townie-girl mayhem to follow -- we suspect that some revisionist history will begin to set in, and as a matter of natural course, people will find themselves happy to like the New Kids again. Not to spoil the love-fest, but here are five cringe-worthy things you'd probably forgotten about "The Block," as they're apparently calling themselves now ....
5. NKOTB were not anywhere near as good as the black Boston-based act they ripped off were modeled after:
4. The enduring, vomit-inducing fecundity of NKOTB's debut single, "Be My Girl":
3. Jordan Knight's hair circa 1988:
2. The New Kids on the Block Cartoon. In this episode, "Sheikh of My Dreams," Jordan falls for an Arab girl. Word up!
1. "Funky, Funky Christmas," the least funky Christmas song ever performed on the Arsenio Hall show (or anywhere else, for that matter). From their acclaimed "rap" period: