The New York Times's 5th Down Blog has done the math, and it turns out that the Patriots had a better chance to win the game by going for it on 4th and 2 from their own 28 than they would have if they'd punted:
With 2:00 left and the Colts with only one timeout, a successful
conversion wins the game for all practical purposes.
Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.
- Belichick thug flattens NFL camerman. Too late. The game is already on tape. [Deadspin]
- Twitter results for "Bill Belichick has been playing too much Madden" [Twitter]
- Twitter results for "worst call of Belichick's career" [Twitter]
- Chris Mortensen: "Belichick's worst moment since Cleveland" [Twitter]
1. What children think of the Beatles
“There is a girl called Lucy in a marmalade sky,” begins [eight-year-old] Otto. “Then
her boat sinks and she lands in a marshmallow pie. Then a giant shoe
falls down from the sky. Then John, Paul, Ringo and the other guy come
out and go arrggh! They have two ninja swords, 14 laser canons and