Getting 10 or 12 four-minute songs ready for pressing is like getting 10 or 12 four-year-olds ready for a party — it takes what feels like forever. So when local pop powerhouse five-piece TAXPAYER found themselves in a particularly fertile stretch — cranking out four songs in as many months, and sharing the burden of songwriting equally for the first time — it didn’t make sense to keep them hanging around.
1. Taxpayer, “We Have Arrived” (mp3)
2. Eli “Paperboy” Reed, “I’m Gonna Break Every Heart I Can”
3. Winterpills, “Take Away the Words”
4. Fly Upright Kite, “Across the Ocean”
5. Chester French, “My Party”
Grand designs: Taxpayer do some sound planning. By Matt Parish.
Eli "Paperboy" Reed signs to Virgin