Rent refund?

Have you applied for your rent refund yet? Yes, that's right -- not only could you get federal and state tax refunds, but if you rented an apartment in 2008 (they're one fiscal cycle behind and you'll need your 2008 tax return information) and the rent you paid was more than 20 percent of your income, you could get some money back from the state's "Circuit Breaker Program" -- up to $2000! Fill out the online form here. Warning: get everything right the first time. The folks on the phone aren't particulary interested in helping you if you got mixed up. 

| More

 Friends' Activity   Popular 
All Blogs
Follow the Phoenix
  • newsletter
  • twitter
  • facebook
  • youtube
  • rss
Latest Comments
Search Blogs
Strange Maine - winner, The Best Blog, Portland Phoenix, 2008
Black Bird Legal Collective - A Portland-based legal-activist group
DowneastBlog - You tell us what they think
Local Foodie - Portland-based local-foods blog
Media Nation - A media-watch column by journalism professor and Phoenix contributor Dan Kennedy
Organizing Notes - Comments from Maine peace-and-justice activist Bruce Gagnon
Portland Greens - Updates from Portland's Green Party
Portland on Wikipedia - See what the crowdsourcing crowd is saying
Where There's Wil, There's Always A Way - winner, The Best Blog, Portland Phoenix, 2007
Portland Museum of Art blog -
Have Faith In Worthless Knowledge - The SPACE Gallery blog
Maine Prisoner Advocacy Coalition - Activists for prisoners' rights
About Town Archives